COVID-19 runs havoc in the world. If you’re in Cebu during COVID-19, you might wonder: what is currently allowed or isn’t? If you have been furloughed or lost your job, what government aid could you apply for? And if you are stuck at home: how can you use your time productively?
We are trying our best to help you answer these questions, and to provide sources for you to read up on. Follow us on FB or reach out to us for tips & updates.
National Center for Mental Health Hotlines:
0917-899-USAP (8727) or 989-USAP (8727)
Cebu City now under Enhanced Community Quarantine
Starting today March 28, 2020 at 12 noon the Cebu City is under Enhanced Community Quarantine. This will last until April 28, 2020.
Here are some guidelines you should know:
- Only one (1) household member can go out of their homes to buy basic neccessities.
- Establishment that are open 24 hours: Hospital, Laboratories, Pharmacies, Gasoline Stations, and etc.
- Open until 8 PM only: Banks, Grocery or Supermarkets, Public markets, Bakeshops, and Convenience stores.
- Food establishment are also open until 8 pm, but only for take-out orders and delivery services.
- All public transportation are suspended.
- Private vehicles and motorcycles are allowed to ply within Cebu City for the purpose of securing food, basic commodities and medicines, and emergency.
- Borders will be strictly monitored and no person will be allowed to enter or exit Cebu. Exceptions may apply (i.e for personnel of medical services, emergency responders)
Cebu Province is under Enhanced Community Quarantine effective 12:01 am on March 27, 2020.
- Ban of entry of international passengers
- Outbound travel still allowed.
- No restrictions of movement on any cargo.
- PNP, AFP shall assist in implementing order.
- More guidelines to follow.
Lapu – Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan has placed the entire City under Enhanced Community Quarantine starting at 12:01 a.m. March 29, 2020 until further notice. For more details check out sunstar cebu.
Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes will placed the Mandaue City under Enhanced Community Quarantine starting 12:01 am of March 30, 2020. (Sunstar Cebu
The Current Rules (Updated April 1)
Mandatory use of Facemask:
- All people are required to wear facemask in all public places. (see www.facebook.com/EdgarCLabella/)
Limit Entry of customers:
- Limit entry of customers in pharmacies, banks, grocery store or supermarkets, money transfer amd hardware.
- Management required to provide seats to customer who have not enter the premesis while still observing social distances.
Travel outside the province:
- Seaports closed for inbound passengers: You can leave Cebu province, but you cannot enter it via the sea ports. (see CDN article from May 14)
- Trade with goods and supplies continues. (www.cnnphilippines.com)
- No domestic flights from March 17 to April 20. (Sunstar article from May 18) except for sweeper flights bringing foreigners to other airports to leave the country.
Movement within the province (and city):
- General Curfew 8pm – 5am: You must stay at home.
- 24-hour curfew for senior citizens and students, starting Mar 22 3pm. (Sunstar article)
Liquor ban in Cebu City
Motorcycle taxis (habal-habal) and Angkas are temporarily suspended as preventine measure for covid-19.
Personal use of motorcycle are not allowed to have backriders. Motorcycle drivers with backrider will be fined P5000 and will be issued temporary operator’s permit. License will be confiscated. (sunstar.com.ph)
P5k for displaced private workers
Free or Discounted Tools and Services
The threat of COVID-19 is global and so is the solidarity. More and more organizations offer free tools & services during this crisis. We’ve collected a few. You might find them useful to help people in need, or you might simply upgrade your skills while stuck at home.
If you hear of other current offers that may be useful for people, message us on FB or drop us a line at [email protected]
Scribd (free reading)
engageSPARK (discounted SMS & Voice calls)
engageSPARK offers SMS and voice calls as a web app. You can do bulk SMS to notify people of hygiene rules, ask your employees how they are using a mobile survey. Read the full letter from the engageSPARK CEO. Disclaimer: One of us works there—that’s how we know about it.
Here are offers that are normally free, too, but that you might find useful for learning.
Hubspot Academy is platform that offers free courses in inbound marketing, and sales education. This is a good way to learn new skills while your at home.