Welcome to Cebu! Let’s get you sorted out so you can enjoy your stay.
How can we help?
Would have liked to see something else here? Let us know at email@example.com!
There are no trains or boats. If you want to get into the city during daylight, you’re going to be stuck in traffic. Below are your options, afterwards some example rides.
Grab Car: Hassle-free
Grab is the local Uber, a smartphone app to hail taxis and private cars. One advantage is that you can pay per credit card, which avoids the problem that drivers often don’t have change.
GrabTaxi or GrabCar?
- In our experience, GrabCars are regularly clean and hassle-free.
- There is currently a surcharge of P40 for GrabTaxi.
- You’ll likely be stuck in traffic. The taxi meter will keep running, while the charge for GrabCar is known up front.
Taxi: Take the white one
There are two kinds of taxis, white and yellow. If you want to take a taxi, take a white one.
Pros and Cons?
The white taxis are cheaper, but there is usually a queue.
The more expensive yellow ones are supposedly nicer, and it’s usually no waiting. They’re quite pushy in advertising their services, which I don’t appreciate after a flight.
MyBus: Cheaply to SM City or SM Seaside
If you want to go to or near the two SM malls SM City and SM Seaside, consider using the MyBus service.
Setup by the SM malls to shuttle customers to them, they cost only P30, and are stuck in traffic just as a GrabCar would be.
How long does it take, how much does it cost?
To set expectations, I’m listing some example rides I’ve taken.
- GrabCar to near Castle Peak Hotel, in Mabolo on a Thursday morning, 10:40 am. Duration: 1:15h. Costn: P351 (< $7). (January 2019)
- GrabCar to near Park Mall, Mandaue on a Tuesday morning, 10:52 am. Duration: 41m. Cost: P259 ($5). (February 2019)
- Taxi from airport to Murals in Mabolo on Tuesday evening, 08:10 pm. Duration: 34m. Cost: P255. (September 2019)
Inside the domestic arrival terminal, the luggage storage booth is located near Jollibee inside the terminal. The name is “Ibales Luggage Handling Services”. If you face the exit, it’s on the right side.
It’s open 24 hours and storing a backpack costs ₱175 ($) for 2h, and ₱375 for 10h.
For more details and options in the city read about luggage storage in Cebu.
Flying is exhausting, isn’t it. If your hotel is near IT Park, drop by Abaca bakery in Crossroads. Good food, good service, safe and easy.